Posted by S.Shaswat Posted on 11:09 AM with 151 comments
UPTU counselling procedure is divided in two phases:
Phase-I : Off-Campus On-Line UPTU Counselling. (10th July to 13th July)
Phase-II: On-Campus On-line Counselling.(15th July to 20th August)
Phase-I : Off-Campus On-Line Counselling
1. Soon after declaration of SEE-UPTU-2010 results, candidates found eligible for counselling are required to exercise their initial choices of branches and institutions through Internet (www.uptu.nic.in) from places of their convenience. The candidates may contact the nearby Counselling Centres (CC) for availing the Internet facility free of charge.
2. A candidate has to log on to the website http://www.seeuptu.nic.in and click ‘off-campus’ counselling button on the home page.
3. Login and password prompts will appear on the computer screen. Using the instructions given on the screen, candidates are to enter the login ID and password for which admit card would be required.
4. The procedure for exercising choices or seeking other information is menu driven. It guides the candidates through appropriate messages on the computer screen.
5. Information relating to institutions, disciplines (Engineering / Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture, Hotel Management, MBA and MCA,Bio Tech.,BFAD), branches (e.g. Electronics Engineering or Computer Science or Mechanical Engg. etc.) and categories (UPGE or UPSC or UPBC or UPST etc.) will be available through each relevant drop down menu for the purpose of exercising choices as well as for a feel of their competitive standing for their preferred choices among the logged-in candidates.
6. The name of counseling centre will be displayed on computer screen during Phase-I.
7. The candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times, based on the information which will appear on the computer screen. The candidates are free to consult their parents, teachers, friends and others for advice during Phase-I. The off-campus counselling will facilitate the selection of the most appropriate discipline, institution and branches / programme at candidates' rank and in their categories for submitting their final choices during on-campus counselling.
8. Choices will be processed and indicative seat allocation will be put on the website at frequent intervals. The dates of next update of indicative seat allocation will be specified on the website.
Phase-II : Part I - On-Campus On-Line Counseling First Counseling ( --.--.---- TO --.--.---- )
DAY ONE -The Counselling Day
1.On the first day of reporting (day one) as per schedule, the candidates will proceed to the document verification counters for verification of their certificates and admit card. Candidates are required to bring all certificates in original along with one photocopy of each and four copies of their photograph identical to the one pasted on the application form.
2. Thereafter the candidates will proceed to the fee collection counters. Initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- .will be collected at the computerized fee counters. The deposit is to be made through a crossed demand draft in favour of Finance Officer,G.B. Technical University A/C SEE–GPTU:2010 payable at city branch of applicant's counselling centre. This amount will be transferred to the allotted institution and adjusted in the fee to be deposited there. Here it is to be noted that initial deposit will be through .Crossed Demand Draft and not Account Payee.Rs. 5,000/-
3.The initial deposit of fees Rs. 5000/- is transferable to institution concerned where the candidate is admitted. In case, the candidate does not take admission in the college concerned for any reasons, howsoever, this deposit will be forfitted.
4. A Counselling fees Rs. 500/- is to be paid in shape of an ACCOUNT PAYEE demand draft in favour of Finance Officer, G. B. Technical University A/C SEE–GBTU:2010 payable at city branch of applicant's counselling centre. Please note that this amount is non-refundable and no any part of it will be refundable at any stage after the candidate has reported for on-campus on-line counselling at the counselling centre.
5. Any discrepancies related to date of birth, category, sub-category, sex and state of eligibility in the computer record generated on the basis of application form submitted earlier to SEE-GBTU-2010 by the candidate and in the original certificates will be rectified by the competent authorities at the counselling centre and their decision will be final in this regard. A printout of the modified record will be given to the candidate.
6. Any change in the candidate’s name, father’s name and the status of general category shall not be permitted under any circumstances.
7. Candidates must ensure in their own interest, that their state of eligibility, categories, sub-categories, if any, are mentioned correctly on the printout given to them.
8. After verification, the candidates will be required to exercise their final choices of seats on-line by using choice to indicate the choice of institution with Branch in order of their preference.
9. The current status of the available seats, will be continuously displayed for the guidance of candidates.
10. The candidates will get a printout for each of the choice forms submitted by them. A copy of each of these is to be signed by the candidate and returned after verification.
11. Candidates are advised to choose the college / branches taking into consideration that his choice on DAY-ONE and the subsequent allotment on DAY-TWO is once and final.
DAY TWO-The Allotment Day
1. The choices submitted through choice form on day one will be processed centrally on the following day (day two) and the list of candidates who are allotted an institution along with a branch for admission will be displayed on the website. These candidates will be called in order of Rank for the issue of seat allotment letter. The candidates must bring their copy of choice form along with fee receipt to get the allotment letter.
2. After allotment of seat the candidates are required to deposite a account payee Bank draft as part of college / institute fee Rs. 10,000/- for general & OBC category candidates and Rs. 4,000/- for SC & ST category candidates at respective counselling centre within three days of issue of allotment letter, failing which the seat alloted will be cancelled. Candidate may submit the draft on the day of allotment of letter also as per his/her convenience.Draft should be drawn in favour of "Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow payable at city branch of applicant's counselling centre. Fee deposit at counselling centre will be adjusted towards the fee to be deposited at institute/college of admission.
3. For admission in the institute, the candidates are to report to the alloted institution upto --/--/---- along with allotment letter, photocopy of all demand drafts submitted at counselling centre and all fee receipts issued from counselling centre.